The following terms and conditions, aka Terms of Service, (hereinafter, the “Terms and Conditions”), govern the access and use that any natural or legal person, or representative in any form thereof, makes of the software WriteWise (hereinafter, “WriteWise” or the “Software”), through any program, application, plug-in, add-on or browser, and the website www.writewise.io (hereinafter referred to as the “Platforms”), as well as any type of information, content, image, video, audio and other matter contained in these.
Section 1. About WriteWise.
WriteWise is software designed to help and assist in writing texts through the use of automatic-learning technology, computer analyses, artificial intelligence, and algorithms, operated by the Sociedad de Profesionales BioPub SpA, unique tax identification N° 76.455.477-9 (hereinafter the “Company”).
By using WriteWise, in any of its forms, the User accepts all the Terms and Conditions contained herein and understands that these are legally binding and obligatory. It is also understood that the User accepts all other operational rules, policies, and procedures that may be published by WriteWise on any of the Platforms.
Without prejudice to the aforementioned points, certain services ancillary to WriteWise offered on the Platforms may be subject to additional terms and conditions. In such cases, the User’s use of such services shall also be subject to such additional terms and conditions, which are incorporated into the current Terms and Conditions by this reference. If the User does not accept said terms and conditions, they must refrain from using these services in any way.
WriteWise reserves the right to modify the current Terms and Conditions. The aforementioned modifications will be duly published on the WriteWise platforms, and the User will be notified through the Software or through the User’s email. Such changes, whether in the form of modifications, additions, or deletions, shall be effective on the date specified in the notification. The continued use of WriteWise by the User after the posting of any changes in the Terms of Service will mean that the User has accepted such changes.
Section 3. Users.
For the purposes of the present Terms and Conditions, a user is understood to be any natural or legal person who accesses, uses, and/or registers on WriteWise through any of its Platforms (hereinafter, the “Users”).
Notwithstanding, WriteWise is intended for persons who are at least 18 years of age, who are fully capable and competent to understand and accept these Terms and Conditions.
Section 4. Services.
WriteWise offers digital feedback and advice on the writing of texts, allowing its Users to obtain comments on the grammar, content, and structure of their documents.
WriteWise therefore operates by providing access to the following functions, analyses and/or tools, as described below:
AI Text Generator: WriteWise is integrated with the paid API provided by OpenAI using the GPT-3 technology. Users can employ this function by providing a question or prompt, receiving automatically generated text as an output.
Sentence Templates: The Software will provide Users with examples of discursive functions that can be used to start a sentence or section.
Grammar Check: WriteWise is integrated with the commercial-use API provided by Grammarly. Users can employ this function simply by clicking on the corresponding button and receiving feedback on grammar and syntax through the Grammarly browser-based interface.
Transitions: Users can run this function to check for the existence of commonly established transition words between consecutive sentences.
Sentence Length: The length of the sentences contained in the text is compared with the generally accepted sentence lengths for reader comprehension.
Paragraph Length: The length of paragraphs contained in the text is compared with the generally accepted lengths for reader comprehension.
Paraphraser: This function is provided by a third-party through a commercial API. Users can select any text and receive a paraphrased version of said text by running the function.
Plagiarism: This function is provided by a third-party through a commercial API. Users can run this function to verify the general originality of the text within the text editor. No guarantee is provided that all potentially plagiarized text will be detected.
Summarizer: This function is provided by a third-party through a commercial API. Users can select any text and receive a summarized version of said text by running this function.
Other Services: Additionally, WriteWise may provide its Users with the following services:
- Spell checker.
- Grammar checker.
- Rich text editor.
- Text import and export.
- Document storage in WriteWise.
- Access to educational materials.
- Access to tutorials on the use of WriteWise.
- Access to question and answer webinars.
Special services: The following services may be provided for purchases made by companies, institutes, universities, or other non-person entities:
- Assistance in the selection of users.
- Personal onboarding sessions.
- Usage reports.
Section 5. Price and Method of Payment.
The price of the WriteWise software will be informed on the website, www.writewise.io and must be paid by the User online through FastSpring or by bank transfer. Residents of Chile may also request payment through direct bank transfer by writing to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invoices for purchases made through FastSpring will be provided by this reseller. For direct purchases organized with BioPub SpA, invoices will be issued within the month of purchase or as organized with the purchasing entity.
Section 6. Software License.
The Company grants the User a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and use the WriteWise software, under the terms and conditions set forth herein.
The User may only use the Software as expressly permitted in this agreement, and may not:
- Circumvent the technical limitations of the Software, or use it in ways that interfere with its operation;
- Use reverse engineering techniques, decompile or disassemble the software;
- Make copies of the Software;
- Use the software in an illegal manner, or transmit information that is illegal, threatening, offensive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent of any kind, including images or language of this nature;
- Infringe the rights of others, or transmit messages that constitute, encourage or incite conduct that would constitute a criminal offence or give rise to civil liability;
- Transmit information, documents, software or other material containing a virus or other harmful component;
- Use any trademark, logo, images, text, page layout, formatting or other proprietary information of the Company, without express written consent;
- Interfere or attempt to interfere with any User’s use of the Software;
- Transfer, distribute, sell, lease, license or make available to a third party any aspect or part of the Software;
- Reproduce, copy, translate, modify, adapt, decompile, disassemble, create any derivative work from, translate from, enhance, update, add to, develop or improve the Software or the Company’s intellectual property.
- Use the software on more than one device.
The software will become accessible by the User after completing the registration and payment process. In cases where the User has any problems or difficulties in accessing or using the Software, the User can request technical support directly in the software by clicking on the corresponding button or by writing an email to email@example.com.
Section 7. Intellectual Property.
In exercising the present Terms and Conditions, in corresponding relationship to the agreement between WriteWise and its Users, it will be understood that all trademarks, patents, copyrights, trade secrets, designs, works, programs, computer applications and other intellectual property rights contained in the Software and the Platforms are property of the Company, without prejudice to the rights that associated third-parties could hold (hereinafter, the “Intellectual Property”).
The User must not carry out any action that puts at risk or could put at risk the Intellectual Property of the Company. Likewise, the User declares that he will not participate directly or indirectly in any proceedings disputing the ownership or validity of the Company’s Intellectual Property, and that the Company is and will be the sole and exclusive owner of trademarks, patents, copyrights, trade secrets, designs, works, programs, computer applications, and in general any industrial and intellectual property rights, both obtained and pending, related to the Software and its Platforms; therefore, the User shall not carry out acts that could affect the value of the inventions, improvements or designs derived in whole or in part from the services provided by WriteWise.
Section 8. Data Use.
Section 9. User Statements.
The User declares, acknowledges and accepts that:
- The use of WriteWise, on any of its Platforms, is done so freely and voluntarily and under the sole and exclusive responsibility of the User.
- WriteWise is a digital consultancy software for writing texts. Any and all comments, feedback, and analyses provided are mere suggestions. It is the final responsibility of the User to critically and analytically assess the results according to his/her own interests.
- WriteWise is not responsible for decisions made by the User regarding the use of the Software.
- The use of the Software does not guarantee that the User’s text will be accepted for publication in any form of media or as associated with academic institutions.
- WriteWise does not guarantee the correction of all grammatical, structural, language, or presentation errors contained in the User’s manuscript.
Section 10. Applicable Law.
The aforementioned Terms and Conditions shall be governed by Chilean legislation and jurisdiction, without prejudice to the consumer protection rights of Users in the countries where the services of WriteWise are provided.